As a co-op preschool, parents are involved and volunteer their time which creates a wonderful sense of community for the children, parents, and teachers. We all work together to create a warm, supportive, and thriving environment for our children to learn, play, and grow.
Below are some of the responsibilities when you join Little Village Nursery School.
Work Day Parent
- Volunteer in the school once a month from 8:45am – 12:30pm.
- Tasks may consist of preparing snacks, washing dishes, sweeping, doing laundry, cleaning up messy projects, reading a story, etc.
- The best part of your work day will be joining your child and their classroom for snack time. Children and parents look forward to this every month.
- Complete 6 hours of school improvement per enrolled child.
- Attend 2 weekend school improvement sessions (3 hours each) to help maintain the school through cleaning and minor repairs.
Parent School Jobs on Board or Chair a Position
- The Board consists of parent volunteers and is a great way to use your particular talents to help in an area of need. The Board has a President, VP, Treasurer, Secretary, Fundraising Chair, Facilities Chair, Registrar.
- Other available jobs are Workday Coordinator, Fundraising Team Members, Room Parents, Videographer, Tour Guide and so much more.
- We have several small fundraisers throughout the year and one large Fundraising Auction Party. This is not only a great way to raise money for Staff Bonus and extras around the school but it also brings our community together.